Mudrut is a specialist 4x4 adventure company, based in the south west of England and offering UK based breaks and guided European tours to destinations such as The Pyrenees and the Arctic Circle at various times of the year – please see the Expeditions section of our web site for the latest information on the trips we offer. We are always planning and investigating new and exciting opportunities so do keep revisiting this page to keep up to date!The Mudrut Adventure Meet the Team
Come and join us on a Mudrut Adventure.
Our trips provide the ideal opportunity to have fun in your own vehicle. What would be better than traveling in a Land Rover that you know inside and out? Remember, it will need to be modified to suit the conditions of the expedition you are undertaking, so you if you need any advice on this, talk to us and we can help.
- Included in our price is:
• The support of a guide in our lead vehicle, who will meet you at the UK exit point (i.e. ferry or airport)
• All ferry crossings and campsites (when not wild camping)
• A digital copy of any photographs taken by our guide throughout the trip
• The opportunity to cook meals with the group, using your own food
If you want to brush up on your off-roading skills, why not join us on one of our UK green-laning weekends? This will give you the ideal chance to see what modifications may be needed for a trip further afield. It’s the perfect way to explore new tracks and trails with like-minded explorers! To find out more, contact us here.
Please take a look at our expedition pages....Norway Pyrenees Spring Pyrenees Summer Pyrenees Autumn Iceland West Country Wales
Tipi and Trailer for hire….
As well as the convenience of being part of a Mudrut expedition in your own vehicle, we also have
exclusive use of a trailer for hire. The Mudrut trailer is fully kitted out with all the necessary
equipment that you will need on your adventure: hot water, fridge freezer, bbq, solar charger among other kit. We also have a nine-man or fifteen-man Tipi for hire, complete with wood burner. These are perfect for cosying up in, on our winter trips to the Northern Lights.
Please contact us to find out more about the items we hire out, or if you would like to find out more about our prices and schedules. If you have any specific requirements for your trip, please discuss these with us prior to booking and we will do all we can to accommodate you.
Our Lead Vehicle…
As you can probably tell, we are passionate about the iconic Land Rover! We go to great lengths to care for our vehicles and lavish lots of attention on them. Our 2009 Land Rover Defender 90 hard top with a 2.4 TDCi engine is the lead vehicle on expeditions. It is more than able to deal with the extreme off-roading conditions experienced on our trips.Lead Vehicle Page
Meet the Mudrut team
- Ian is a director of Mudrut, which he founded in 2010 with the simple idea that the company would ‘run the kind of exciting trips that he would like to go on’. Since then, Mudrut’s Pyrenees and Arctic adventures have been enjoyed first-hand by customers whilst the pioneering blogs have brought the everyday trials and tribulations to a wider, world-wide audience through social media. A keen outdoorsman and fan of 4x4 vehicles from all marques, he has a particular love for Land Rover. A 2008 Defender Utility has been the lead vehicle for the majority of the Mudrut events, but his heart belongs to ‘Lara’; a heavily modified 2001 Tomb Raider Limited Edition Defender. When asked about his favourite Mudrut destination, he finds it difficult to choose between the harsh beauty of the Scandinavian Arctic and the rugged Pyrenean Mountains, so simply says that anywhere on an unbeaten track with a good team of people is a pretty good place to be.
- The other director of the company, Dave has been a 4x4 addict since the mid 1970s. An experienced engineer, he has long held a practical interest in the modification and improvement of the vehicles, while his keen passion for driving them has taken him from the rowdy challenge scene, through the more civilised pastime of exploring the UKs large greenlane network and beyond into Europe. A self-confessed gear addict and outdoor enthusiast, his 2009 Land Rover Defender 90 was recently subjected to an extensive modification program making it a perfect lead vehicle for future Arctic expeditions. He also realised the dream of any true fan of the marque in 2015, snapping up one of the last Land Rovers to roll off the production line; a 110 Adventurer. Dave’s talents are now being turned towards working with Ian to expand Mudrut’s portfolio and further develop the Mudrut experience.
- Ros has been photographing professionally for more years than she would allow us to divulge. A keen traveller with a love for the 4x4 world, her work exploded onto the scene when she took part in the (now defunct) Croisière Blanche. A four-time veteran of that event, she is a talented off-road enthusiast and outdoors woman and has held a dual role as co-driver and photographer on the majority of Mudrut’s Northern Lights and Pyrenees adventures. Her work has been instrumental in capturing the essence of a Mudrut trip and bringing it to a wider audience via social media and the trademark Mudrut blogs. However, it’s not just about the scenery and the outdoor challenge; she has a keen interest in local culture and cites her recent Moroccan adventure as one of her favourites. She is a fluent Spanish speaker and ‘muddles through’ in a couple of others. Ros’ amazing photography can be seen throughout this site, whilst her articles have also been published domestically in 4x4 Magazine, Land Rover World, Land Rover Owner, Land Italia, stateside in the prestigious Overland Journal and in Australia as part of Pat Callinan’s 4x4 Adventures magazine. She is currently the editor of ‘Legend’, the Land Rover Series One Club magazine.